Notes for Composition of Constitution Assembly | Preamble to the Constitution of India | Notes for Composition and Preamble
The Constitution of India is one of the important topics of Indian polity. The Composition and Preamble to Constitution of India in indian polity section is major topic to be studied for any of the Competitive Exams. The competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, IAS, FCAT, Railway Exams, CDS, State Civil Services exams have major questioning done from this section of polity. The candidates preparing for the civil service exam and other exams as mentioned need to learn polity section necessarily as many questions are being asked from this section. The candidates often get confused in this section that which features and sources of Constitution of India are to be studied.
Detailed notes regarding Composition and Preamble are given below. We are providing candidates with the important key points and parts of composition and preamble, so candidates are suggested to read and learn the whole article and not to skip. As there are major questions asked from the Preamble to the constitution of India and Composition of the constituent assembly.
Most important notes for Composition of the Constituent Assembly:
- The present Constitution was framed by the Constituent assembly of India setup under Cabinet Mission Plan of May 16 1946.
- The Constituent Assembly consisted of 385 members, of which 292 were elected by the elected members of the provincial Legislative Assemblies while 93 members were nominated by the Princely States. To these were to be added a representative each from the four Chief commissioners’ Provinces of Delhi, Ajmer-Marwar, Coorg and British baluchistan.
- BN Rao was appointed the Constitutional Advisor of the assembly.
- The first meeting of the Constituent assembly took place on Dec 09, 1946 with Dr. Sachidanand Sinha as its interim President Dr. Rajendra Prasad was elected as its President on Dec 11, 1946.
- The Assembly had 13 committes for framing the constitution.
- The all-important Drafting Committee, which bore the responsibility of drafting the constitutional document during the recess of constituent assembly, from July 1947 to Sept 1948, was formed on Aug 29, 1947. Its members were: Dr. BR Ambedkar (Chairman), N. Gopalaswami ayyangar, Alladi Krishnaswami ayyar (a jurist), K.M. Munshi (a jurist), Syyed Mohd. Saadulla, N. Madhav rao (in place of BL Mitra), D.P. Khaitan (T. Krishnamachari, after death of D.P. in 1948).
- The Constitution was finally passed and accepted on Nov 26, 1949. The last session of the assembly was held on Jan 24, 1950, which unanimously elected Dr. Rajendra Prasad as the president of India. In all, 284 members of the Assembly signed the official copies of the Indian Constitution which came into effect on Jan 26, 1950, known and celebrated as the Republic day of India.
- Although the constitution of India was ready on Nov 26, 1949 but was delayed till Jan 26, 1950 because in 1929 on this day Indian National Congress demanded ‘poorna Swaraj’ in Lahore session under J.L. Nehru.
- Constituent Assembly took 2 years, 11 months, 18 days to complete the constitution of India. Originally it had 395 articles (444 at present) and 8 schedules(12 at present).
- Constituent Assembly adopted our National Flag on July 22, 1947. It was designed by Pingali Venkaiah of Andhra Pradesh.
- The idea to have constitution was given by M.N. Roy. He was a Political philosopher.
also learn: Important days in a year for competitive exams
trick to learn Important Organizations and their Headquarters
Most Important Notes for Preamble to the Indian Constitution:
- It is a preface or the introduction to the Constitution. It is not an integral part of Constitution. The interpretation of Constitution is based upon the spirit of the preamble.
- The ‘Objective resolution’, proposed by Pandit Nehru and passed by the Constituent assembly, Ultimately it became the Preamble.
- Idea of Preamble borrowed from Constitution of US.
- The Words SOCIALIST, SECULAR, UNITY AND INTEGRITY were added by the 42nd Ammendment in 1976.
- Preamble is non-Justifiable.
THE COMPONENTS OF THE PREAMBLE:
- The people of India are the source of the Constitution.
- The Preamble declares India to be of a- Sovereign, Socialist, Secular, Democratic, Republic
- The preamble specifies the objectives of the Constitution- Justice, Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
The important portion of the composition and preamble has been defined from which questions oftenly come in exams. I hope candidates would have found help with the topics composition of constituent assembly and preamble to the constitution of india through these notes. Queries can asked through the comment box below.
Also Learn: Complete Chemistry Notes PDF for Competitive exams
Complete History Notes for Competitive exams