Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships | Get Fellowship with monthly Stipend of Rs.1,00,000 (1 Lac)
Nowadays most of all students in india are becoming research scholars. So most of students are doing research for making things more good. For improvement in the technology most of the countries are doing research. But in India, Most of the students remain lag behind due to financial problem. As Jawaharlal Nehru said “Man today, as never before in human history, has to live with change as a permanent partner in his activities and his Institutions.” So govt have find the solutions to provide Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships to most deserving candidates.
To commemorate his name, the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund in 1968 instituted Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships dedicated to the encouragement, support and patronage of higher learning and of free intellectual inquiry. These seek to provide an opportunity to exceptionally talented persons to devote themselves with freedom to their creative work for a period of two years.
Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships | Eligibility Criteria for this Fellowships
This fellowship is open for every student, whether he/she is studying in sciences as well as the humanities – and also to categories of people not normally covered by existing schemes such as writers, journalists, artists and civil servants. The only main eligibility for this scholarship is to understand the existing work and current problems. With creating solutions for solving the problem. More details regarding Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships is given below.
Eligibility Criteria :-
Applicant who wants to get the Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships they must follow the following conditions :
- Candidate must possess First Class Post Graduate degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate both in Graduation and Post Graduation.
- Applicant should already registered for PhD degree with recognized university/institutions of India. Those who have submit application but not registered, they are not eligible.
- Candidates Age should less than 35 year as per Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships Guidelines.
- Be a Full time PhD Scholars.
Categories of Scholarship :-
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Research is available for PhD study in India for following categories students.
- Indian Students
- Nationals of other Asian countries
Area of Specialization :-
Candidates can choose one of following area for the research scholarship.
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
Duration of Scholarship :-
Applicant who will be selected for Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships they will get scholarship upto 2 years as per scholarship guidelines.
Selection Process :-
Applicants will be selected for this fellowship Selection Committee consisting of distinguished persons in different fields of human Endeavor. Selection committee will maintain the highest standard of excellence and widest possible creative talent for the scholarship.
Applicant who will be selected for Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowship they will get scholarship amount of Rs. 1,00,000/-, (one lakh) which is exempt from Income Tax u/s 10(17A) of the Income Tax Act, 1961. In addition to this, applicant will get secretarial assistance, traveling and other contingencies are met by the Fund subject to a ceiling of Rs. 75,000/- per annum.
How to apply for Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships ?
Applicants may send their particulars under the following headquaters
headings to Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund,
Teen Murti House, New Delhi 110 001
Necessary Documents :
- Bio Data or Resume along with the original work .
- Details of Experience in particular field.
- Project proposed to be undertaken. (A synopsis typed in double space in not more than a thousand words)
- A copy of recent passport size photograph.
Official Website : www.jnmf.in