SHDF Scholarship | Scholarship for Sikh Minority Students pursuing Professional Courses | Nishkam Society Scholarship for Sikh minority Students | Scholarship for Professional Courses to Sikh Minority Students
Nowadays most of all students in India are studying Professional courses like B.Tech / Nursing / Medical courses etc. But lots of top level Universities/ colleges are taking very high fee for these professional course. high quality of education. So students who belongs to middle level families. They cannot afford free of those universities/ colleges. More details regarding SHDF Scholarship is given below.
Sikh Human Development Foundation Scholarships 2017
So, Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), New Delhi in association with Sikh Human Development Foundation, U.S.A (SHDF) invite Applications for SHDF Scholarships from regular students studying in recognized Colleges and Universities for Professional Degree/ Diploma Courses like Engineering, IT, Computer Science, Medical, Nursing, Home Science, Architecture, Agriculture, Business Management, B.Ed., Journalism, CA etc. Students who have appeared in Class XII Examination in March, 2017 can also apply and take the Written Test and Interview, Scholarship for such students will be considered only on receipt of proof of admission to a professional course in recognized Institute/ college and if found eligible otherwise. More details regarding Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council SHDF Scholarship 2017 is given below.
Important Dates for Sikh Human Development Foundation Scholarship :
Last date for applying this scheme : 30th July 2017
Scholarship Amount of SHDF Scholarship Sikh Minority Students:
The amount of scholarship will be Up to Rs. 27,000 per year per student plus Incentives up to Rs. 3,000 to Toppers/ Position Holders.
SHDF Scholarship Sikh Minority Students Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must have obtained at least 60% marks in the previous year’s / Semester’s examination.
- The gross family income of the applicant must not exceed an average of Rs.12500/- per month (i.e. Rs. 1,50,000 per year).
- The applicant must maintain an active e-mail account for correspondence with Nishkam. He/she must mention a Mobile and alternative telephone number for easy communication.
List of Document Required for SHDF Scholarship for Sikh Minority Students:
To apply SHDF Scholarship, Applicant must submit application With the duly FILLED-IN and SIGNED Application Form, attach the following documents: –
- Good quality colored passport size three recent photographs (Paste TWO photographs at appropriate place in the Application Form and ONE with your name on the backside of it in an envelope to be attached to the form).
- Self attested Copies of Mark sheets of 10th Class Examination, Sr. Secondary Examination & later exam, if any.
- DMC /Attested copies of Gazette (for the Examinations passed during 2016-2017) of professional courses.
- Self attested copies of fees receipts paid for the academic year 2017-18. No handwritten Receipts will be accepted.
- Photocopy of Death certificate(s), if father/mother is not alive.
- Proof of family income (both parents):- Must attach attested copy of latest Income Tax Return / Employer Certificate/Pension Certificate mentioning yearly income, original valid certificate from the Tehsildar or village Sarpanch (stating agriculture land’s acreage and annual income). For daily wage labourers, small shopkeepers (specify type of shop), self-employed persons (who have filed no income tax return) provide original affidavit, stating income from all sources as per the appropriate FORMAT enclosed hereto.
How to apply for SHDF Scholarship for Sikh Minority Students:
- Obtain / download the prescribed SHDF Scholarship Application Form, which is available at Nishkam’s website www.nishkam.in .
- Obtain/Collect necessary documents to submitted with the Application Form as per the details given on first page.
- Fill up the application, clearly and completely (with no dots, dashes and blanks), and send it, together with attested photocopies of all certificates and receipt of fees paid and other necessary documents, so as to reach Nishkam office in New Delhi (by mail or delivered personally) latest by 30th July, 2017. Incomplete Forms/ Forms received after due date will summarily rejected.
- Applicant whose SHDF Scholarship forms are found complete in all respects, will appear, at his/her own expense, in the written Punjabi and Moral Science test to conducted by Nishkam (time and place will be notified separately) The admit cards for the written test will be sent on e-mail and not through post. Schedule of written test and venue will be intimated through said admit card or at our website www.nishkam.in .
- Candidates qualifying written test will appear for Interview, at their own expense. Date, time and venue for the interview will be notified later on.
Details of Written Test for SHDF Scholarship Sikh Minority Students:
The written test for SHDF Scholarship consists of following two papers (in Punjabi language): –
- Paper I: Elementary test in punjabi language will set from general grammar and the students will have to prepare by selfstudy.
- Paper II: Religious and Moral studies will set from a book ‘NAITIK SIKHIYA’ published by Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle, Ludhiana
The book NAITIK SIKHIYA , published by Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle is available on payment basis at book stalls at the different centres in Punjab as per list appended below. The students from New Delhi may purchase the book from Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council(Regd.), B-Block, Tilak Vihar, New Delhi-110018.